Aetna Partnership With Costco Inspires Healthcare Interaction
Big changes are happening for two of the big businesses in retailing and health care. A newly formed partnership has been created between Aetna Health Insurance and Costco, the wholesale club. The plan will provide for major medical benefits, dental coverage, and lower copays. This means that employees will want to interact with Aetna and better understand these changes. BusinessWeek reports that the individual insurance plans will be sold to Costco employees in nine states:
This will require BIG changes because:
- + Costco operates 601 warehouse club stores, including 434 in the United States and Puerto Rico.
- + It is one of the two largest players in its sector of the retail industry.
- + Aetna is the third-largest private health insurer with about 18.5 million people.
- + A majority are covered through employer-sponsored health plans.
This calls for more customer interaction. “Health insurance companies have been looking for unique ways to reach customers,” says Sam Tabes of HealthInsuranceSort.com. Customers want more information on this new employer-sponsored insurance plan. At the same time, people will want to know about individual Aetna healthcare. There needs to be communication with those interested in these kinds of insurance. How are healthcare companies reaching to customers right now?
- + 80% of U.S. Internet users access health information online.
- + An overwhelming majority of adults own smart phones.
- + In fact, more and more people are accessing health information content on their smart phones: a 125% growth rate from the previous year! (Pew Internet & American Life Project, 2012)
There is potential for valuable customers to gain a better understanding of healthcare through human interaction. Yes, information is readily accessible online, but the customer may not be fully comfortable until they have spoken with a representative from say, Aetna Healthcare. The difference between a human voice and a webpage is remarkable. The call center is a resource that can handle a partnership like this. Services like live chat can create a seamless transition for customers looking to change healthcare plans. Thoroughly trained call center professionals will represent your company and enhance your customer service. The opportunity to use this resource in a time of growth should always be considered.