Managing Metrics in a Productive Way
Metrics are certainly important, but it is essential to manage these metrics properly. Below we give you a simple model for metric management.
Your help desk is world class if:
- + You exceed customer satisfaction and call quality is consistently high
- + Costs are managed at or below industry average levels
- + You follow the industry best practices
- + Every transaction adds value
At least 80% of what it takes to be a world-class help desk is to manage it properly using measurements. You must analyze and gain insight, then act on it to improve performance. There are two approaches:
- + Measurement is at 75% making it the most important. Action is small.
- + Action is the most important and measurement is small.
There is a simple model to managing your metrics the correct way.
Measure help desk performance on an ongoing basis. Always keep in mind the following:
- + Cost and quality are the two main issues that matter
- + First contact resolution rate is the No. 1 indicator of quality
- + Agent job satisfaction also comes with many positive benefits.
Diagnose benchmark performance and conduct a gap analysis. Benchmarking starts with comparison with other competitors. It is very efficient and helps you make sure you reach peak performance.
Prescribe by defining actions to close the gap.
Implement your action plan and improve performance.
Information gathered from MetricNet’s: Unleashing The Enormous Power of Service Desk KPIs